The Knitting Sherpa: The "In Between Projects"

Friday, April 07, 2006

The "In Between Projects"



Okay, nearly a month is far too long to go between knitting posts! :0 Ridiculous! I have actually been quite proficient in the past 3 weeks, just negligent about getting the pictures posted on the blog.


First, a better image of my Basket Weave Dishcloth; the exact same thing as the variegated one, only in a solid cotton worsted weight yarn. Sugar N Cream, on size 7 needles. Easy as pie. :)

I'm actually considering expanding this pattern to a baby-blanket; we're "in the hole" about 10 blankets for friends who are all expecting at the same time. Mark can't keep up with the crocheting, so after this current project, I'll probably pick up some baby work and help with the deficit. ;)







The little scarf to the right was done on a whim--for a sweet girl who will turn 2 tomorrow. It matches a little sleeveless dress I bought for her and was done in Moda Dea's Fur Sure. Normally, I don't mind fun furs, but this one was a pain in the rear! :0 Seriously--it slipped off the needles more than any other yarn I've used and was nearly impossible to pick up (or even find!) the loop I had been in. Grrr.... Knitted in garter stitch on size 10.5 needles. Alas, it was on clearance at Meijer, and my cost-saving instincts took over....(see the next picture).







And as much as I complained about the Fur Sure yarn, I went back and bought a second skein of it. :0 Mostly because I had some of the lime green leftover and the dress I made it for had hot pink combined with it. ;) This was 2 strands of Moda Dea's Fur Sure knitted together in a garter stitch on 10.5 size needles. It was slightly easier to keep track of with the two divergent colours of yarn, but still not as easy as most other fun-fur/eyelash yarns.
The next post will have the Anatomy of a Cardigan, but as I'm sick this weekend, I can only handle a few minutes at the computer at one time. Until tomorrow....happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home