The Knitting Sherpa: Basket Weave Dishcloth

Friday, March 10, 2006

Basket Weave Dishcloth


Well, I have to say, I'm pretty proud of this little piece. :) It's my first "I designed it" piece--as I was doing the "Twirling Triangles Dishcloth," I realized that I could easily modify the pattern to make it more intuitive, but also to give it a basket-weave look. :)

So.... I did. At first, I worked via instinct. I knew what I was after and I experimented until I got it right. And then I wrote down what I thought I'd done...only to find (as I started a 2nd one), that I had too many steps written down. ;)

Details: this was knitted on size 7 (US) needles, with one 2.0 oz. skein of worsted-weight cotton yarn (Sugar & Cream), in this wonderful variegated pattern. I have about .25 oz of yarn leftover from this, so if you used a 2.5 oz skein of non-variegated, you'd either be able to make it larger than I did or have more leftover for another project. ;) Your choice. :)

I'm putting the directions for this dishcloth up; use it, make it, send it to your knitting buds. Just please keep the directions and copyright information intact. :) Ya know, it's that "courtesy-thing" in the world of the 'net. ;)

See the next post for directions. :) Happy knitting! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home